Packing List for Machu Picchu
You’re here! You’ve done it and are about to head off on your adventure to Machu Picchu, but you don’t know what to pack! I can help you! First things first though-you have to know what the weather will be like during the time of year that you are going.
The weather along the Inca Trail and in Machu Picchu tends to split into two dominant seasons. So, pack your belongings based on the weather and of course, make sure to check your weather app ahead of time.
Alright, let’s get started! Here is a list of items that I found most essential to bring on my trekking trip to Machu Picchu.
- Sleeping Bag-if you don’t have one the company should be able to rent you one
- Inflatable Pillow-this one was a lifesaver! Grab a travel pillow from REI
- Comfortable hiking boots with an ankle support
- Water bottle
- Water purification tablets
- Insect Repellent
- Basic First Aid Kit
- Hiking poles if wanted
- Lightweight trekking towel
- Toiletries: toothbrush, toothpaste, TOILET PAPER, hand sanitizer, body wipes, face wipes
-2 Pairs of long, lightweight pants
-2 lightweight t-shirts
-1 short sleeved shirt
-1 long sleeved shirt
-1 pair of shorts
-undergarments and socks
-bathing suit (if going to the hot springs)
- Lastly don’t forget your money and passport